Making and Mobilizing Followers of Christ
As a called out people of God in accordance with His inspired and authoritative Word, it is the mission and desire of Dimond Blvd. Baptist Church to worship God acceptably, to edify and encourage one another to personal holiness, and to proclaim to a lost world, through word and deed, the good news of Jesus Christ.
Five Important Facts
All Men Are Sinners:
“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23 – “Save, O LORD, for the godly one is gone; for the faithful have vanished from among the children of man. Everyone utters lies to his neighbor; with flattering lips and a double heart they speak. May the LORD cut off all flattering lips, the tongue that makes great boasts,” Psalm 12:1-3
Christ Died for Our Sins:
“But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned – everyone – to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.” Isaiah 53:5-6 – “Now I would remind you brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you – unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures” 1 Corinthians 15:1-3 – “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2:24
You May be Saved:
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 – “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.” John 3:36 – “who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” 1 Timothy 2:4 – “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
We are Saved Only by Receiving and Believing on Christ:
“But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12 – “for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13 – “And they said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.'” Acts 16:31 – “And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Acts 2:21
The Time Is NOW:
“For he says, ‘In a favorable time I listened to you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you.’ Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Corinthians 6:2 – “how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard,” Hebrews 2:3
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God, inerrant in the original writings, and of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternal and existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is truly God and truly man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus died for our sins according to the scriptures, as a representative and substutionary sacrifice, and all who place their faith and trust in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us as our High Priest and advocate.
- We believe in “that blessed hope”, the personal pretribulation and premillenial return of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become Children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.